Recently in the news, a metal pressing company were fined £18 000 after an employee was nearly killed by a faulty machine. A Health and Safety Executive found that the machine, built by the company 25 years ago, had no way of being cut off from its power supply (which is extremely dangerous). The employee was working on the faulty machine, thinking it wasn't working, so he leaned in to remove a faulty component. After doing so he inadvertently closed a circuit and the press operated. The employee was lucky to survive.
At Springfield Pressings, health and safety is paramount and we ensure that any necessary safety precautions are taken seriously. Our metal pressing machinery and other machinery are regularly checked, so that incidents like this are avoided. Visit our website for more details on our metal pressings.
To read more of the interesting article in the news click on the following link - http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/9941267.Black_Country_firm_fined_after_worker_s_head_crushed_by_metal_press/